Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Loop 6 out of 10

Our recent hunt brought us to the Loop, located at 2014 San Marco Blvd.  I've heard many good things about the loop and their burgers.  I think last year they made best burger in Jacksonville by the newspaper.  Again my hopes were high going into this.  I think I need to stop working myself up on things that I hear about restaurants and wait until I actually taste what they have.  Let me mention again that the opinions I put on this blog are mine only and my other Burgergeeks might not agree with my assessment.
With that said lets get to the meat of things sorte say.  First a little to the restaurant.  For me it was the first time at the Loop and I got the impression of a fancy fast food restaurant.  Ordering your food upfront and then finding your seat gave me that impression.  Nothing wrong with that setup during lunch, because you want your food fast.  The food was fast, I think we waited around 10 min and our little device blinked to tell us to pick up our burgers.  My burger was a regular burger with grilled mushrooms and steak fries.  My first impression picking up the plate was about the fries.  I was like, where the heck did they find those potatoes to make these fries, they were huge.  Compared to the fries the burger looked tiny as you can see from the picture.  Now, I ordered my burger medium as I always do.  First impression taking a bite and looking at the meat, it was perfectly cooked.  I was a bit disappointed at the mushrooms.  They for sure looked and tasted like they came from a can.  The lettuce and onions looked and tasted fresh. Of course now you must wonder, well, everything he is saying sounds good why the low score.  Well, here is my problem with it.  Going to the loop and knowing it was voted best burger in Jax I wanted to be wow'ed.  That didn't happen.  It was a good burger, but I was really missing the, wow factor, the out of the norm factor.  It was just not there.  Don't get me wrong, I would recommend this burger if you want your normal good burger.  Would I vote this the best burger in Jacksonville.  I don't think so.  I have not found the burger yet that knocks my socks off where I would go, this is the best burger in Jax.  So for the Burgergeeks, the hunt continues.............
MikeR

Loop Pizza Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment