Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Appetites Cafe 7 stars out of 10

 Our first contender was the Appetite cafe located at 815 S. Main Street.  First impressions were that it is a very nice and clean cafe.  A very homy look, which i like. The staff is very friendly and helpful.
Now to the important aspect, which this blog is all about.  They only serve burgers 2 or 3 days a week.  Why do you ask, well they are homemade.  In this blog we try to find the places that stand out from the crowd.
I think if you look at the picture of my hamburger it speaks for itself.  Almost picture perfect how a burger should look.  Not only was I impressed how the burger looked and how fast they made it for me.  The burger tasted very freshly made and the toppings, lettuce, pickle in my case tasted very fresh.  The burger itself tasted very good, homemade and the spices used were a great combo in it. The kaiser bun tasted fresh and a perfect match for it.
In my personal view the only negative thing was that you couldn't get french fries but had to get chips or coleslaw, which was home made as well and oh yes, very good as well, not your typical coleslaw.
In all I have to say I highly recommend this if you like burgers.  To make our recommendations a bit easier to follow I think we'll give the places a rating.  I would have to give them a 7 out of 10. With 10 of course being the highest.  We'll see how the other burgergeeks rate it, but this one is mine.
MikeR

2 comments:

  1. Just starting food blogging and have been looking around and as soon as I saw burger I thought I'd check yours out! Love what you guys are doing! Nothing better than a great burger. My favorite burger place would be a great contender if it wasn't so far away in Virginia! Check it out! http://www.jackbrownsjoint.com/food.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for finding us and checking us out. I did look at the link and looks like a great place. Maybe once we have our food network show we'll go and check this place out...wink.

      Delete